Monday, July 13, 2009

Goodbye weekend.

This weekend was a fun one and a sad one.

Saturday - Broski and I spent the afternoon with Tita Alps and cousin Lew. Tita Alps needed to run errands and we tagged along. We stopped by the North County Fair mall (which was my first time ever) and it was pretty nice. I bought a new pair of Vans and a necklace. Then after hanging out I dropped off Broski to his buds house so he can watch UFC. The rest my Saturday I worked on my paper for psych class.

Sunday - Ray LaMontagne at the Hollywood Bowl. I went with my good friends (aka My Boys) Ryan, Spencer and Drew. We met up at Ryan's apartment a little after 1pm. Should have been earlier but Ry's lock to apartment was being redonkulous. Long story short he had to have maintenance drill it out so he can get into his place. I arrived first and then Spencer and Drew. We hopped into Ra's truck and headed towards LA. It was a fun trip up. Spence busted out with his ipod and we played iQuiz and listened to Family Guy. We drove by Santa Monica Pier and it was paaccckkked with sweaty bodies [mos def NOT my cup of tea]. We were cutting it close on time so we ended up grabbing a bite to eat at Panera Bread [yummy] and then driving past Sprinkles [a cupcake joint...said to be amazingly awesome] but there was a really long line so that was a no go as well. From there we went straight to the Hollywood Bowl.

Parking was craaaaazy! We parked about a 15 minute walk away from the Bowl, only cost 5 dollars. But what threw me off was that there were no Pedestrian Crossings anywhere near the parking area. Hahaha. So yes we did many illegal crossings. If I died it would have been the guys fault. Hahaha. We made it safe and in one piece.

While we were waiting around I received a text from my lovely cousin Camille. Prompting me to call her. And I excused myself from the group and made the call. My Ninong Ode passed away. And when I heard the news my heart broke. He was an amazing person. I loved him dearly. After finding out I couldn't find it in myself to have a good time. I just felt empty. But after a while I managed to close up how I was feeling until after the concert. I didn't want the guys to know. But I did tell my friend Ra because he noticed that there was something wrong. I felt better after telling him what happened.

The first opening act, B something Trapper was alright. They reminded me of Simon and Garfunkel with a backbeat. Hah! Then Jenny Lewis [I think that is her name....former member of Rilo Kiley, who I absolutely love] performed. She was pretty cool. But her set was super looooong. I just wanted to see Ray.

Once Ray came on, omg he just amazed me. He is spectacular live. I love his voice, he can sing to me anytime. I was sitting next to some chick who irked the heezy out of me. LOL. She kept flipping her long hair and it kept hitting me. And then she would sing along to every song. And she CANNOT sing. Sheesh. I managed to zone her out after the first couple of songs. Ray LaMontagne is one of my fave artists. MmmHmmm...he rules.

The walk back to Ra's truck was killer on my feet [note to self - never wear new shoes when an outting that involves a lot of walking]. You would think after losing 20 lbs and running on an incline everyday would help you go uphill faster. Buuut NO. Hahaha. Going downhill was a breeze [of course], but uphill was whhhaaackness. Ra was kind of enough to walk my pace, and then Drew walked with me as well. Thank you guys!

The drive home was more mellow. I nodded off a few times and didn't even know I fell asleep for a few minutes. Ra was a speed demon on the freeway. Per Spence he needed to bat mobile it back home. Hahaha. And he did. Made it home in two hours. Got back to Ra's apartment around 12:30a ish.

I didn't sleep right away when I got home. I picked up my bro and we went on a late night food run. My Mom was home too, she called in sick and was wide awake with us. So we ate our fourth meal and talked about Ninong and our other loved ones that passed on.

I didn't sleep until 3a. And my sleep was off and on thanks to Baxter and Bailey.

Right now I am in class on my netbook. We are on our half hour break. And my goodness...I am not absorbing any of the information in this class. I keep nodding off like crazy. Ayyye yaaah.

Back to learning! Well at least try to learn something. Bleh.