Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

25 Years.

Happy Birthday to me! HAHAHA!

I am now 25 years old. No longer on my Mother’s insurance policy, new drivers license with picture on the left side instead of the right, and now I am in my mid-twenties.

Mannn getting older is an adventure. And so far I must say my journey has been interesting. As I am getting older, everything is getting better. I no longer wait for things to happen for me. I now just go out there and do it. Seize the day!! Carpe Diem!! Opportunities are not only given, they must be made as well. Well, in my opinion of course.

I think I will do a little self reflection is this blog post or more like just blab on about whatever. Warning – it is going to be a lengthy one. I am going to be honest in here and just let everything all out. Why not? I mean its my blog right? Plus I am totally not paying any attention in class [LOL]. So here I gooooo…

I am happy with my life so far. I have a loving family and amazing friends. But it hasn’t always been this way…being happy that is. I mean it hasn’t been tragic or anything. There are people out there who are suffering and my problems seem like dust under a carpet compared to others. This is just what I’ve been through.

Junior high and high school was alright. Not the greatest memories, there are few memorable ones and there are some I would like to forget. I do miss my best friends from elementary all the way through high school, one is married and the other has a son.

Once we all left for college of course we all grew apart.

My early college years was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I was sad moving to the Bay Area, but excited to experience a new place, meet new people and just enjoy the college life. I moved into my aunts place and it was a rough two years. We had our ups and downs, a lot of downs though. I love them, and we are all on good terms now, really good terms. But back then it was so hard for me to even enjoy college. I was always sad and depressed. I felt as though they didn’t want me, they were just doing my parents a favor by taking me in. It was hard and it hurt feeling like that. We had good times where I felt like I was part of their family. We are family, but its different when you move into someone else’s home.  But that is all in the past and now we are all good in the hood. I am thankful for what they did for me, and I love them very much.

I left the Bay Area after two years to come home and be with my family. At that point in my life I didn’t know what to do with myself. I left school, I left the friends that I made and I missed the Frisco city life. I ended up taking a few classes at our community college and I was dropping classes and getting C’s. I just did not know what I was doing. I took vacations out of state, I pretty much chilled out for a while. Met someone, he was my first boyfriend and it was cool for 9 months and then I broke up with him. First relationship ever in my life. I didn’t know what I was doing. I was a newb in the whole relationship thing. Hence I haven’t been in one since then. But that’s later on…

I then finally decided to go to Medical Assistant school. While doing that I was working graveyard at a medical billing company oh and I worked at Toys R Us for a bit. It was an exhausting year and half. School during the day, work at night, then extern in the morning…sheesh. I did not sleep . I met awesome people both at school and at work. I am still friends with some of my medical assistant classmates and with a  few of my old coworkers. I finished school as a medical assistant. I also got a new job which I am currently working in now.

Getting into the personal side of dating/relationships, while I was in my first few months at my new job…one of my best buds and I went out on a few dates. Words of wisdom – dating  a friend never works out. We are still friends, but that time of my life are memories I would like to forget. So that is that.

I am patiently waiting for my prince charming to sweep me off my feet. Hahaha. What can I say? I am a hopeless romantic, a true HoRo. I’m not gonna go out hunting for him. God will guide him to me when the time is right. That is what I believe. Plus my Mother said that he will find me, so just be patient. 

Today, right now…I am content. Going through all those stepping stones has lead me to where I am today. And my journey is still going. I am still growing as person, and I am still on the road to self discovery. I am looking forward to what lies ahead. The greatest part is not knowing, tis exciting! LOL!

No more looking back, the past is in the past.

Yah this post was pointless but it has kept me busy during class. LOL!

<3 Jesse

0 SAY SOMETHING!: